Governor of Lagos State today performed the Groundbreaking Ceremony and commencement of Civil Works for the Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Red Line Project.
– A span of 37km rail route from Marina to Agbado to be implemented in Phases, First Phase will be from Oyingbo to Agbado, to share tracks with NRC on the Lagos Ibadan Rail.
– On Phase1 completion, It is expected to run 37 trips daily which is about 450,000 passengers Daily, The NRC will also run a maximum of 16hours a day between Lagos and Ibadan.
– To ensure Safety for Lagosians, There are 10 vehicular overpasses and pedestrian bridges for proposed for this rail line to separate vehicular & pedestrian movements from train movements.
– Lagos State will construct four vehicular overpasses and pedestrian bridges in Mushin, Ikeja, Yaba and Oyingbo.
– FG would construct 5 vehicular overpasses & pedestrian bridges at Jibowu, Ilupeju, Shogunle, Jonathan Coker and Agbado.
– The State has evaluated all properties affected including Landlords and tenants which is a Total of 263 properties have been identified and Mr Governor presented their Chequers to them.
– The Red Line Rail will cut down travel time and in turn improve the productive capacity of the economy and also ensure safety from any form of accident and danger.
– The Completion time for the Red Line would be the fourth Quarter of 2022 together with the Ongoing Blue Line Rail.
– The BLUE LINE Rail is currently at 78% Civil Works and would be completed by the fourth Quarter of 2022.
– The implementation of the Red line project has become very elevated because of the financing package put in place for it by the State Government through the Central Bank Nigeria (CBN) Differentiated Cash Reserve Requirement (DCRR) programme.
– Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu says work is going on simultaneously on bringing the first phase of our Blue Line to passenger operation, to be in operation by the fourth quarter of 2022.